Engrish of the Day

Engrish of the Day
This is what I need!

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

STUPID CHEVY



This is a picture of the train wreck we call Mike's Camaro. This is from when it was running good and he was able to take it to Speedworld. But since this post is about this piece of junk I figured a picture from when it wasn't junk would be nice.

So, this past weekend Mike had to go to the Land of ONE Grocery Store for Drill. If you don't know where I'm talking about click here. So at 11pm Friday night I get a call from him saying he made it there but now his car won't start and he thinks it's the battery and he wants me to drive down. I laugh at him, and tell him I am not waking up our son to drive 2 1/2 hours cause his shit mobile won't start, and that I'll have my mom watch the baby and I'll come down Saturday and we'll fingure out what's wrong and fix it.

So Saturday I take the 2 1/2 hour drive in the rain and residual flooding to go help him with his crapper. I get there at 5pm, his car won't start has no lights and all you hear is a clicking noise when you crank it. Now about a year ago we had the same problem with the car and we got a new battery but the old battery load tested full, so something is not right and causing the car to think the battery is dead. So we go to Autozone and he ends up getting a 5/16" battery ratchet and a light tester to make sure he didn't blow any fuses on the way down from all the flooded roads. But we don't buy any parts.

We then go to dinner and Walmart to get tums and a fleece for me cause it was cold and I don't have a jacket. We stop at another Autozone and buy the positive and negative battery cables, only one problem you need a lift to put the positive on. And since the car won't start we can't exactly put it on a lift. So still nothing useful is bought.

We go back to base and push the car out of the 10 minute spot it's been in for about 21 hours, and nothing is working. So we finally cave and go to Checker and buy a battery. Now the whole time the battery we already have is load testing as full and Mike's multimeter is showing it's got 12.6 volts so we know the battery is good, but because this seems eerily like the last time we try it again. $100 later we get back to base put the new battery in and voila it starts right up.

After all that we're both ready for a drink and a nice hard wall to slam our heads up against. So we decide to take a walk to the Enlisted club for some drinks. It's a 15 minute walk in the dark, in the cold and on rocks non the less with no street lights and i'm in flip flops. We get there and they are f'ing closed! On a Saturday at 8pm they're closed!!! I was not happy, so we turn around and walk to the shopette and buy some drinks and go back to Mike's room. We have a few drinks talk about his stupid car and his project for school and by 11pm we're asleep.

He gets up at 5 to get ready for work and I get up at 10 pack the room check out for him then leave. I stop to get breakfast and get home around 12:30 and put Monkey down for a nap then unpack the car.

Mike gets home about 4:30 and when he pulls into the garage his car stalls then won't stay started. It's got some smoke coming out of it but that's pretty normal since he has an oil leak. So we leave the garage door open for a while to let the smoke and stink of burning oil go away and about 4 hours later he goes out and the damn thing starts no problem, and stays running.


I JUST DON'T GET IT...WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS STUPID CHEVY! If anyone has any suggestions or answers please let me know.

3 comments:

Big Daddy said...

YOU BOUHGT A COMPUTER CONTROLLED CAR I TOLD YOU TO GO OLD SCHOOL SELL IT WHILE IT RUNS AND BUY A LATE 60'S OR EARLY 70'S CAR BIG DADDY

Ann said...

Big Daddy said there's probably a short in the wiring which would be a bitch to trace. Sell it.

Question: Did you disconnect the battery and reconnect the same battery before you bought the new one? If not, the computer is resetting itself.

Sorry you had a shitty weekend. You should have called me - I would have gone with!

Shannon said...

yeah we did that several times before we caved and got the new battery. We're hoping it's just corosion inside the positive and negatives battery cables causing the battery issue, cause they've never been replaced. And I would love to sell it but Mike won't do it. I told him if the car takes a crap again it's gone or it will sit broken in the garage and he'll have to get rides anywhere he wants to go.