Engrish of the Day

Engrish of the Day
This is what I need!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

More inside my head

I now have a diagnosis that is a 90% brain surgery rate if the test comes back positive. I have to go get a lumbar puncture aka spinal tap done to see if I have a spinal tumor. If no tumor is present then it is something called PTC or pseudotumor cerebri meaning my brain thinks there is a tumor but there is not and it is increasing the pressure in my head restricting the flow of my CSF (spinal fluid). If it is PTC I will undergo brain surgery to have a shunt placed in to assist in draining the fluid to prevent blindness and rid me of my headaches. I schedule the spinal tomorrow and will have it done sometime next week. I should know within 2 weeks what is going on. The scary part is knowing that no matter the diagnosis some kind of surgery is required plus the chance of the spinal tap requiring a surgical closing is rather high as well.

Wish me luck, i will keep everyone updated!

1 comments:

Ann said...

Shit. Keep us posted, Shannon. You're in my thoughts.